Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Golf at Dirab / Off-roadin' SW of Riyadh

Dirab Golf Course is SSW of Riyadh.  It is a beautiful (and very long) course.  3 of the 4 par 5's are 583, 605, and 610 yards.  Dan Morris and I certainly didn't win anything during the 2-man scramble, but we finished 5-under, shooting a 95 with a 28 handicap (highest allowed). 

 Dan Morris and I.

That's the clubhouse in the background.

One of the super fast greens tucked into the surrounding terrain.  Notice the guard shack/post on the hill. Since Dirab attracts many Westerners, there are obvious force protection measures in-place around the course.

Dan drove us further W from Dirab after the tournament to checkout these escarpments. 

Part of the venture was to find these very old hand-made camel trails leading up/down the face of the escarpments.

Don't do it, Dan!  For some perspective, that speck in front of Dan's left shin is a large truck (akin to an 18-wheeler) on the ground below.

I was too chicken to stand at the edge like Dan.  

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing country. I would love to see it. But, I believe that I can enjoy it sufficiently through your pictures. Keep'm coming.

    ReplyDelete