Friday, October 15, 2010

A few pics

This is looking NNW from my roof.  You can see the backs of a few villas and the playground.  I've never seen any kids around here so the few families that I've heard are here are obviously not lodged in my area.

This is basically looking W.  The dark dirt is the softball field.  The high netting to the left and little sliver of light green turf is the driving range.  Again, I've never seen anyone use these amenities while the sun is up.  You can see the shade covers for cars in the foreground.  Unfortunately, the construction is to replace water pipes so the covers can't be used.  The tall buildings in the far background are completely uninhabited.  Back in the Desert Storm days, they were teeming with US military.  Now they simply provide stand-off protection against any terrorist attack on what's currently occupied.

This is looking SSE (my front door is below me).  I'm driving the 2nd car from the right. A '99 Crown Vic.  That's what they gave me - can't complain.  Across the street, that is basically one villa.  It mirrors my own for the most part.  The tallest part of that structure is where I'm standing on mine to take the pic.
Coming through the gate at Eskan.  Notice the road sign on the left.

One of many guarded points in the 'process' of entering Eskan village.

3 comments:

  1. Are the colors there as bland as they appear in your pictures. I see red, white and SAND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the pics. looks pretty deserted...have you decorated your place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the bland comments but know that most military posts are very bland. Very interesting architecture....villas look huge! Ok inside pics next ok;)

    ReplyDelete